VMware NSX™ is the network virtualization and security platform for the software-defined data center. NSX brings virtualization to your existing network and transforms network operations and economics.
What NSX Does
- AgilityNSX reduces the time it takes to provision custom, multi-tier network topologies and enterprise class security services from weeks to seconds.
- CostNSX reduces both OPEX and CAPEX. Automation eliminates manual configuration from the network provisioning process and simplifies network hardware requirements.
- ChoiceThe NSX network virtualization platform operates on any hypervisor, any network hardware and integrates with any cloud management platform.
- Virtualized NetworkSimilar to a virtual machine for compute, a virtualized network is a fully functional network in a software container, provisioned independent of underlying hardware or topology.
- Distributed SecurityNSX delivers a new model for network security. Security profiles are distributed to and enforced by virtual ports and move with VMs.
- Scale & PerformanceNSX is deployed in production today by several of the largest service providers, global financials and enterprise data centers in the world.