VMware Virtual SAN is a radically simple, enterprise-class shared storage solution for hyper-converged infrastructure optimized for today’s all-flash performance.
What Virtual SAN Delivers
- Radically Simple StorageMake your job easier by simplifying storage provisioning and management for vSphere. Deploy storage with just a few mouse clicks from the vSphere Web Client and enjoy native integration with the VMware stack. Virtual machine-centric storage policies automate storage services levels on a per-VM basis. Watch a video: Configuring VMware Virtual SAN
- Advanced Availability and ManagementCustomers of all industries and sizes trust Virtual SAN to run their business-critical workloads, from key business applications to thousands of virtual desktops. Virtual SAN ensures that data is never lost if a disk, host, network or rack fails and can even tolerate entire site failures with synchronous replication and stretched clusters.
- Enterprise-Ready StorageTrust your mission-critical applications with the only hypervisor-embedded storage solution. Virtual SAN delivers all-flash performance with up to 100,000 IOPs per host, support for vSphere availability technologies like High Availability (HA), asynchronous replication, stretched cluster capabilities, and storage efficiency features for all-flash including deduplication, compression and erasure coding.
- 50% Lower TCODeploy on inexpensive industry-standard server components to remove large, upfront investments. Eliminate siloed, purpose-built hardware and automate management of storage service levels through VM-centric policies. Further improve TCO with storage efficiency features like deduplication and enhanced automation capabilities. Try the Virtual SAN TCO and Sizing Calculator.
- Exceptional PerformanceBuilt on an optimized I/O data path in the hypervisor and designed for flash speeds, Virtual SAN delivers much better performance than a virtual appliance or external device. Experience up to 100,000 IOPs per host with all-flash and scale up to 64 hosts per cluster—a perfect match for virtual desktops, remote IT and business critical applications
- Linearly Scalable StorageVirtual SAN delivers predictable, elastic and non-disruptive scaling of storage and compute resources, eliminating costly forklift upgrades. Every Virtual SAN cluster can scale out one node at a time or scale up by adding capacity to existing hosts and is capable of achieving over 8 PB of raw storage capacity.