VMware vCloud® Air™
VMware vCloud® Air™, built on VMware vSphere®, quickly and seamlessly extends your data center into the cloud using the tools and processes you already have.
What vCloud® Air™ Does
- Dev/TestTake a low-risk first step and free up valuable on-premises data center capacity by separating pre-production in cloud and choosing to deploy on- or off-premises.
- Packaged ApplicationsUse next application upgrade cycle of existing virtualized desktops and applications, e.g., Microsoft Exchange, and now host in hybrid cloud.
- Disaster RecoveryExtend the data center for disaster recovery third-party backup, dev/test, seasonal workloads, and additional geo locations.
- New Enterprise ApplicationsBuild and host new applications in traditional 3-tier architectures (Java).
- Next Generation ApplicationsEvolve from traditional to next generation applications (Spring, Ruby on Rails) and PaaS on Cloud Foundry.